Limited liability companies who wish to expand into the state of Arkansas may do so by filing the Certificate of Registration (Form FL-01) to the Secretary of State in compliance with code A.C.A. § 4-32-1002 . Registration is made possible through the Arkansas Business and Commercial Services (BCS) website (filing fee $270) or through the PDF form of the certificate (filing fee $300).
It is highly advisable that all filers perform a Business Entity Search prior to registration to check the availability of their proposed operating name. Furthermore, a business name can be reserved for 120 days by filing a Name Reservation application ($25).
How To File (Online)
Step 1- Follow this link to the government website where can find the Application for Certificate of Registration.
Step 2- Proceed by supplying the following information into the empty fields:
- Filing act
- Name of corporation
- Name designated for use in Arkansas
- State of origin
- Country of incorporation
- Date organized
- Termination date
Step 3- Enter in next this info:
- Name, address and contact information of the registered agent of your LLC
- Name, address and contact information of the foreign contact
- Name and address of the officers involved in the filing (must include at least one incorporator)
- Name, address and contact information of the submitter
- Name, address and contact information of the annual report contact who is designated to receive the corporation’s annual corporate franchise tax report
Step 4- Ensure that the effective date is accurate, that you understand that submitting a false document with intent to file is punishable by a fine of up to $100 and/or 30 days in jail, and that you’ve signed off using the correct title before selecting submit.
Step 5- The following page will ask you to review your form before choosing a method of payment to effectively pay the filing fee of $275. For any further assistance with form FL-01 you may call 888-233-0325 toll free or email at [email protected].
How to File (PDF)
Step 1- Start by downloading the Application for Certificate of Registration PDF file.
Step 2- With the application open in your PDF viewer, the following information must be supplied:
- Line 1 a- Name of LLC
- Line 1 b- Fictitious name (if applicable)
- Line 2- Original state of LLC
- Line 3- Date organized/termination date
- Line 4- Name and address of registered agent
- Line 5- Principle office of LLC
- Line 6- Date of execution, printed name and signature of authorized member or manager
Step 3- Attach with the form, a certificate of existence authorized by the Secretary of State (or other authority) of the country or state in which the LLC was initially formed. You must also provide a check made out to the Arkansas Secretary of State covering the $300 filing fee. Send all articles by mail to the address below.
Business & Commercial Services
1401 W. Capitol Avenue, Suite 250
Little Rock, AR 72201